What to expect
Are you an idea driven designer that loves to solve problems and create solutions that work brilliantly?
Our Client is a Bournemouth based Digital Design Agency who focus on human experience and produce digital products that solve real problems for their clients.
As part of their growth strategy, they’re looking to recruit a talented Digial Designer to join their expanding team. Working alongside the Creative Director, you will be designing solutions that are highly functional and distinctly creative. The ideal candidate will have skills covering both UX & creative. You should be confident in designing practical solutions to problems while demonstrating an understanding of the impact of your designs from an aesthetic and emotional perspective.
The ability to generate great ideas quickly is essential, as is the ability to articulate your ideas to your colleagues and clients. Experience with branding would be advantageous. You will have the opportunity to work with existing brands, modernising their image and improving their digital outlook, but also the chance to help start-ups and new brands establish themselves from scratch.
This company will really value your personal development and will give you the opportunity to progress and improve whilst working with them. There will always be opportunities for you to develop your technical skills but also as we grow you will also have the opportunity to progress into a lead role.
Skills you’ll need
General skills are more valuable than specific software; however, knowledge of the following will be essential to your role:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Sketch, Adobe XD (or similar)
Experience with the following would be beneficial:
- Adobe InDesign
- Axure (or similar wireframing / prototyping tools)
Knowledge of web technologies would be an advantage, although we won’t be asking you to write any code.
Education & experience
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in digital design
- Strong understanding of UX
- Experience working with clients directly, or at least the desire to do so
- Involvement in pitching and presenting would be highly valuable
- Generating ideas in response to project briefs
- Wireframing & scamping
- UI design
- Creative execution
- Pitching & presenting to prospects & clients
- Art direction with the development team to ensure that projects are released to a high standard
- 20 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- 2 weeks working holiday per year. This can be taken in addition to your days off to extend holiday periods, how about going travelling for a month? or as an opportunity to work from home
- Flexi time (start as late as 10am, finish as early as 4.30pm)
- Central Bournemouth location with regular work outings and parties
- Personal development plan and support to help you achieve your personal and professional goals